Marketing without data
is like driving with your eyes closed
- Dan Zarella
Marketing is constantly evolving. Just like every other phenomenon, it keeps changing according to market conditions and its trends. This situation calls for marketers like you to keep yourself updated. The question is how to go about it.
The answer lies in staying updated with the latest marketing statistics, which help you plan and implement marketing strategies better to realise desired results.
Voice Searches – The Easy & Fastest Growing
We are in that era of marketing wherein people speak into the devices to get answers to their queries. Here’re a few statistics that highlight the growing importance of voice searches.
- 65% of people in the 25-49 age group use voice search at least once a day owing to the amazing convenience that it offers
- 50% of all online searches will be voice ones by 2020 turning it into a 40$ billion channel
Social Media Engagement – The Most Interesting & Surprising of All
3.2 billion people are using social media platforms in the world. These platforms, over the years, have become a good place to promote your brand or interact with your costumers. Facebook is one such platform, which has 2.38 billion active monthly users. It has also become a very important platform for B2B businesses, as 74% of people use their accounts for professional purposes.
When mentioning the B2B model, LinkedIn is a must to talk about. It has over 500 million users, out of which 39% are premium account users. The numbers tell that it is an apt place for reaching out to your business partners, associates or potential clients.
Instagram is yet another magical social media place to be. It belongs to the youth. More than 71% of its users are below the age of 35 years and it is expected to hit $14 Million in revenue in 2019. Social media engagement is what is drawing millions in revenue and marvellous growth currently.
B2B Lead Generation – The Action in Lead
Lead generation is the first step to get customers and is essential to every business. When it comes to B2B Lead Generation, landing pages are used by 68% of B2B businesses. Interactive content is another great lead generation tool with 53% of the content marketers using it to generate leads. Automated lead management helps companies see more than a 10% rise in revenues. Research data shows that the companies, which foster leads, make 50% more sales, and this is the reason why 69% of marketers consider converting leads as their top priority.
Search Engine Optimization – The Basic
There are several routes that businesses take to reach their defined goals. Search engine optimization is one of the ways to drive great results, as it is based on the consumer’s search patterns. A good SEO strategy can easily take your website ranking to the skies by increasing its visibility in search results. To polish up your SEO strategy, the following statistics would definitely help.
- Google takes up more than 90% of the organic searches, which is 5.66 times better than paid search ads
- A good local SEO strategy attracts more customers. 82% of smartphone users do a ‘near me’ searches and 72% of them visit the store within five miles. Even Google says that half of the people carrying out local searches with mobile phones,visit stores within one day.
Content Marketing – The King, As They Say
Content marketing is creating and sharing relevant content with the target audience so that they get to know more about your brand. The following content marketing statistics are valuable, as they tell you about the practices that your competitors are using to generate leads.
- A great content strategy brings3 times more leads than paid searches
- 36% of marketers say that the use of images helps them drive better results
- 45%of B2B marketers consider visual content as essential for business growth
- 47%of buyers view the visual content before engaging in the sale
- 81% of B2B brands consider blogs as their most important content marketing approach.
- 50% of the consumers prefer videos over any other form of content as they are engaging and are shared extensively
- 43% of people who consume the video content thoroughly want to see more videos from the marketers
- 81% of marketers want to optimize their social videos for mobile viewership.
- The importance of Email marketing isn’t waning. If a person opens your mail a second time, he is most likely to click through
- 91% of shoppers like receiving emails from companies that they are interested in
Conversion Optimization – The Result is Everything
Increase the percentage of clicks on a website and convert them into customers. Go a step further and carry out the conversion optimization to take the visitors to the desired webpage. And while doing so, do not forget to keep the statistics below in mind.
- The conversion rate ranges from 1% to 3%
- Even a 1-second delay in page load time can result in upto 7% reduction in conversions
- Fast loading landing pages can generate up to 220% more leads and the use of CRO tools can help you achieve an average ROI of 223%
Inbound Marketing – The Call for Consumers
It is important to build trust among your potential customers by informing them about your brand and products through inbound marketing. Newsletters, blogs, social media platforms, etc. are a few ways through which you can establish a great relationship with your potential customers and bring them to your product. The following statistics would help you succeed in conveying your message and conversions in B2B marketing:
- Videos on the landing page increase conversion rate by 86%
- If video and text are both there on the page, 72% watch the video to learn rather than read the text
- 18% of the marketers think that outbound practices bring the highest quality leads
By now, you must have understood the value of statistics in devising an effective marketing strategy.
Need help in chalking out a marketing strategy for your organization? Click here to get in touch with our experts.